Monday, July 19, 2010

Art Class Results, Lots of Buttons, and 24-Hour Comic

It's been a while! But I've been very productive!

My art class (Drawing II at MSU) finished about a month ago, and I'm just now getting around to sorting all the photos of my work from it.

Here are a few of the pictures I did...





(that one is a self portrait done in eyeshadow, of all things)


Here are pictures of a book I put together for a project. We were supposed to tell a story in 25 parts, so I chose to illustrate my Sophomore year of college (last year).


















I didn't include them all here, but you get the idea. It was a tough project, but I think it taught me a lot.

Here's my final project for the class. We were each given a word to illustrate; mine was "plethora". I chose to illustrate an excess of people, all looking out and judging the environment they were places in.



This thing is huge in real life. I wanted the viewer to subconsciously place themselves into the void in the lower left corner, and make the picture complete.

Keep an eye out for these kids in the future -- they're part of a very long-running comic idea called Beat.

Anyway, on to the fun stuff! Here are the buttons I did for Vault of Midnight these past few weeks...








(this one's my favorite)


The longcat buttons were sold for $4.50 -- the price of two buttons. Apparently it was bought about five minutes after I left the store -- and then the same guy came back in and bought three more. Whoever you are, thank you!

And a bonus! Two dozen buttons that will hopefully be appearing in Crazy Wisdom in the next few days!








And here's what they were resting on in the first picture...



It's been a while since I've done any actual fanart! (PS in case you haven't hear yet, that movie was awful. please don't waste your hard-earned money on it)

And finally (yes, finally) here is the 24-hour comic that I did last Saturday (WARNING: here there be cussing).







Hmm, that dialogue is pretty hard to see. Anyway, if you want to read the rest (and be able to tell what the hell is going on in those first pages), keep a lookout for insomniac to appear at Vault of Midnight as soon as I get it printed.

On a non-art note, I'm going to Mackinac Island tomorrow! Eeeee ponies!

Until next time, chums...

1 comment:

  1. I bought two of your buttons today! I just wanted to tell you how much I adore Little Octy and I DINOSAURHEART Paleontology. The next time I visit Ann Arbor, I will be sure to check Vault of Midnight for your latest creations.

    ReplyDelete